Sunday, July 24, 2005

No day off..

But I did get a lot done, and I am still feeling great! Had a good 30 minute jog today, increasing by 5 mins duration each week. Lost 8.7mm by my counts in the last 2 weeks, so that is good news. So, $200 goes into my "Trip to Perth" fund :) And will buy a new Tess Gerritsen book (love crime novels - not that I have a lot of spare time to read!).

Got my new program last night - 5 day program. 2 days of squats. Will do 2 days on 2 days off - any more than that seems to bring on the exhaustion. My calves are so sore today, can't believe it, must have gone hard on the seated calves yesterday.

Still eating sea salt by the bucketload, but that is one of the symptoms of AE - due to my levels of the hormone aldosterone, I believe. Causes salt cravings as my body is dehydrated.

Been taking Vital Greens - have heard from a couple of people it's pretty fantastic - it tastes like sh*t but so far so good, it seems to be doing me no harm. So, I've made it 7 days without a bout of exhaustion. I've trained and cardioed and dieted according to plan. It's going well thus far.

Just finished writing my Q&A column for Women's Fitness & Health mag, yep, get my own little column every month now which is pretty cool.

Tomorrow we are training in the evening.

Oh I had the funniest thing happen a couple of weeks ago - received an email from a casting studio who wanted me to 'audition' for a Lipton Tea commercial! I was like "umm, what are you doing emailing me regarding a tea commercial??" and so she explained - they were after a strong, bodybuilder type woman who looked strong enough to shovel elephant crap :) Hmm, typical, that would be my one shot at fame.. Anyway, she's like "I found your email on the net and would love you to audition - but we need you to be in Melbourne tomorrow". It paid alright, but under the circumstances it was a bit short notice. Besides, shovelling elephant poo? :) Damien thought it was hilarious!

Ok, must go, getting late once again. I am cutting and pasting this into my bodyblog too. Hi to Rachel, great to see you have hooked up with Dianna for the comp. You go girl!

Michelle, I keep forgetting, you asked about salsa recipes - did you get any response? I would love a good salsa recipe. When in Cozumel we had the best (really spicy and hot) salsa I've ever had and I want the recipe! What is the green stuff they put in it? Don't think they were chili's, looked like some herb.

Emma thank you for the encouraging words. I do think my strength will improve dramatically, at least I sure hope so. Slowing down the reps and concentrating on form as per Coach A's advice is really working me hard even though the weights aren't as heavy.